The Central Asia-Caucasus Institute, in cooperation with the Embassy of Kazakhstan to the United States, would like to invite you to a CACI online Forum on Kazakhstan’s role in international mediation. The event will be held at 10 AM on December 4, 2020, and will mark the publication of a new Silk Road Paper on the topic. In recent years, Kazakhstan has taken on the role of a mediator in several international disputes, ranging from the Iranian nuclear issue and the Ukraine conflict to Turkish-Russian relations and the Syrian civil war. The study, authored by Svante E. Cornell and S. Frederick Starr, analyzes the reasons for Kazakhstan’s involvement in international mediation and the implications thereof.
- Mamuka Tsereteli, Senior Fellow, Central Asia-Caucasus Institute
- S. Frederick Starr, Chairman, Central Asia-Caucasus Institute
- Amb. Erzhan Kazykhanov, Ambassador of Kazakhstan to the United States
- Svante E. Cornell, Director, Central Asia-Caucasus Institute
- David A. Merkel, Associate Fellow for Geo-Economics and Strategy, International Institute for Strategic Studies
When: Friday, December 4th, 2020, 10-11:00 AM EST
The event is now available on Youtube.